Welcome to Procrastination Station (which is one stop down from Conjunction Junction on the tracks to academic hell). I'll be your host tonight. Recently I was tagged with a meme by bluescissors76
. I have to proffer seven facts, and then tag seven of my friends and threaten them with all kinds of chain-letter doom if they don't propagate the meme. Easy enough.
1. One of the deep sorrows of my life is the fact that a number of deeply resonant and beautiful things have been described ad nauseum. For instance: springtime, falling cherry blossoms, fluffy clouds, sunsets, birds exploding into flight, etc. These are sights that move me. Can I describe them in a story? No. Why? Because it's 2007 and we ran out of new descriptions for sunsets in 1843, that's why.
2. I usually write about homely or strange-looking people (or at least not terribly attractive people, anyway). That said, I keep trying to figure out how I could write a guy who looks like Nathan Fillion into my novel. That way if by some fluke it gets completed, published, and optioned for a movie, I could be all like: "You know who I was visualizing for this character when I wrote it? Nathan Fillion. Oh, really? You have his number? Maybe we should call and find out what he's doing." And then he'll be in the movie and we'll hang out for drinks and I'll be all like "Oh Nate...can I call you Nate?...do you still have the brown jacket? You know...the browncoat?" And he'll be all like "I brought it just for you." AND THEN I WILL WEAR IT. I WILL WEAR MAL'S COAT. The end.
3. I have had possibly too much coffee today in the form of about five cups. Welcome back to university life, zenithblue.
4. Currently I've enacted a rule that says I'm not allowed to leave this chair until I write one page of the story I'm working on. This has worked sometimes to get me laboriously through a really dreadful draft. What this means for you the reader is that I might post on livejournal six more times tonight. I also might wet myself, but that won't really affect you.
5. One of the grosser things my body can do has to do with my super flexible shoulders. If I have someone to help I can push my shoulders all the way back until my arms are crossing and almost lying flat against my back. This is what comes of spending your formative years swimming butterfly.
6. When no one is home I do the tiny bit of ballet I know how to do all through the house. This includes plies and arabesques and occasionally if I'm feeling ambitious, a pirouette. Also I do this in my skivvies most the time. Remember Risky Business
7. The worst song I ever sang at karaoke was "Psycho Killer" by the Talking Heads. Somewhere between the fourth and fifth rum shot I managed to forget that I don't really speak French. The best song I ever did was the Foo Fighters' "All My Life." Apparently, Dave Groll and I have the exact same vocal range (such as it is). Who knew?
Okay. Also sprach zenithblue.
Now for the tags: you are it, drawgirl
, and Mr. Birthday Boy helpimarock
. If you don't complete the meme you'll be hit by a bus full of underfed grizzly bears. Or something.